The objectives for this project were as follows:
- We were appointed to review the logistics of the warehouse facility and to formulate a phased plan for refurbishment
- The client wanted to create a cleanroom workshop and offices that streamlined working practices
- Replacement of workshop spray booths and vehicle lifts.
- Design and installation of bespoke hub spaces for the project teams within workshop
- Repositioning and replacement of the major planttesting equipment and spray booths in the workshop
- New services infrastructure to facilitate electrical, mechanical and public health services.
Key challenges involved were as follows:
- Maintaining operation of the workshop facility during the construction process
- Working on a procurement programme to ensure long deliveries on workshop plant and equipment coordinated with the construction programme
- Installation of a vehicle exhaust extract system
- Coordination of compressed air systems
- Three phase electrical distribution throughout the building.