The objectives for this project were as follows:
- Creation of a technical logistics hub to service Hella’s growing distribution network
- Provision of a bespoke, quality control inspection facility
- Provide a modern and flexible office environment that reflected Hella’s technical brand identity
- Installation of new lighting to the warehouse, dock levelling system, new opening for roller shutter doors, warehouse Wi-Fi points for pick pack bar code readers and stock control
- New mechanical and ventilation system, full electrical installation, new fire alarm cabling infrastructure
- Office space fitted out to high standard including open plan space, meeting rooms, cellular office and breakout spaces.
Key challenges involved were as follows:
- Identifying and the removal of Asbestos containing materials
- Preparation and levelling of entire warehouse floor so forklift trucks could be used
- Installation of new automotive testing facility installed including specialist extraction system.
- External alterations to provide additional warehouse access
- Installation of complete new HVAC system to offices and testing facility
- Site coordination of Area as well as client and landlord contractors.